Over 40 Years of superior engineering & quality manufacturing
- The dawn of a new beginning – Mechanical Marine evolves into Mechmar Boilers
- 1977 – Our first boiler rolls out of our manufacturing facility in Johor the AYS 2A 350/150. Embracing leading boiler design technology, the Reverse-Flame fire-tube design proves to be a cost effective and reliable boiler for our clients.
- A distinct mark of quality assurance – Mechmar is successfully certified as a Lloyds’ Class 1 Pressure Vessel Manufacturer by Lloyds’ Register of the United Kingdom.
- Regional expansion – Mechmar begins delivery of boilers beyond Malaysian shores. Singapore, Australia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and the Philippines to name a few.
- Mechmar continues to invest in improving its manufacturing and quality control – its own in-house mechanical testing facilities are developed in 1982.
- Establish our first overseas regional office – Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Our family grows.
- Our first 3-pass conventional wetback boiler known as the Titan MB is manufactured in 1981
- The first water-tube boiler firing biomass is designed and manufactured specially for the palm oil milling industry.
- First Under-fired waste heat boiler for the wood industry
- Thermal heating solutions are answered with the Titan MTH, our first thermal fluid heater.
- The Titan MCH is introduced into the market. An economical boiler solution incorporating water-tube and fire-tube design in a competitive package.
- Mechmar invests in its 2nd manufacturing facility – PT Mechmar Jaya Industries, Medan, Indonesia giving it a firm footing in ASEAN’s largest economy.
- The era of biomass energy begins – Mechmar successfully designs and develops its first bi-drum water-tube boiler known as the Titan BD.
- The global reach of Mechmar continues to grow. Boilers successfully delivered and installed in Japan, South America and East Africa.
- Mechmar extends its focus on quality into its operations and is certified ISO 9002 Quality Management for its
- Manufacturing Operations by Lloyds’ Register of Quality Assurance, United Kingdom.
- Mechmar successfully designs manufactures and commissions its first pair of coal-fired high pressure boilers for small scale power generation.
- Meeting our clients’ needs – the Titan MC is redesigned and improved upon providing our clients in the tea industry with a highly efficient solution for drying tea leaves.
- Industrial Revolution 4.0 – Mechmar commits to a programme of continuous investment in automation technology in our manufacturing processes to help improve
- fabrication quality, standards and efficiency.
- Drive to efficiency – Mechmar embarks upon its plan to generate new more efficient thermal products to meet our clients demands for better efficiency.